ACME COUNCIL MEETINGS
Next Council meeting will be: April 24th @ 6:30 PM
• Rubble Bins will be coming in May to the Transfer Site – for Acme Residents only.
• Acme Playschool Registration – May 11th @ 7 PM @ Playschool Building.
• Mother’s Day Tea @ Acme United Church – May 13th from 2 PM – 4 PM.
• Community Garage Sale – May 27th from 9 AM – 4 PM must call Trish 546-3988 to get on map.
MESSAGE FROM PUBLIC WORKS
◆ TRANSFER SITE HOURS – Tues/Thurs/Sat 9 AM - 5 PM.
◆ A reminder to please have your garbage out for pick up on Wednesdays by 8:00 AM.
◆ The Newspaper Recycle Bins CANNOT accept: wrapping paper, bond paper, envelopes, bills & shredded paper.
• All Garbage must be bagged, as well as in your bins. No loose garbage will be accepted.
“2016 Volunteer of the Year” Award
The Village Office is now accepting nominations for “2016 Volunteer of the Year” Award. This award will be presented during our Sports Day Celebration on June 17/17. Closing date for nominations will be April 30, 2017. Submit your nomination letter soon!
SUMMER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The Village of Acme is now accepting applications for the following full-time summer student positions:
• Public Works Labourer. Applicants must be able to complete physical labour and must have a valid driver’s license.
• Office Assistant. Applicants must be currently enrolled in post-secondary education, preferably with a focus in social sciences. Please see the Village of Acme website for full posting.
Those interested can drop off their resume at the Village Office at 203 Clarke Street, fax to 403-546-3014 or email to email@example.com (Public Works Labourer Position) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Office Assistant Position). Both positions close May 10th/17).