Monday, Feburary 20TH, 2017
Come on out and enjoy these
Free FAMILY DAY EVENTS
Family Swim from 2:30 – 5:00 PM at the Three Hills Aquatic Centre and Family Skate from 4:30 – 6:00 PM at the Centennial Arena
2017 ASSESSMENT NOTICES
Pursuant to Section 311 of the Municipal Government Act 2000, R.S.A., Chapter M-26 and any amendments thereto, the 2017 Assessment Notices for the Town of Three Hills were mailed on February 2, 2017, to all assessed property owners. Town of Three Hills property owners are deemed to have received their Assessment Notices as a result of this publication.
Please review the property assessment notice carefully. You may contact the Town at (403) 443-5822 or Wildrose Assessment Services at (403) 343-3357 to obtain further information on your property. The assessment roll is open for inspection and can be reviewed at the Town Office located at 232 Main Street, during regular business hours.
Complaints, commonly referred to as appeals, must be received within sixty (60) days after the mailing of this notice. If you or your agent desire to object to your or any other assessment, you or your agent must completed and file an Assessment Review Board Complaint with the:
Assessment Review Board Clerk
Town of Three Hills
232 Main Street, PO Box 610, Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
by Monday, April 3, 2017 along with the applicable fee:
Residential - $25.00 Commercial - $75.00
Asssessment Review Board Complaint forms and Assessment Complaints Agent Authorization can be obtained at the Town of Three Hills office located at 232 Main Street during office hours, or by mail at PO Box 610, Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0 or on the following website: www.threehills.ca.
HOME OCCUPATION PERMIT:
Take notice that the following permit for the proposed uses listed below has been issued in accordance with the Town of Three Hills Land Use Bylaw No. 1309-09 and any amendments thereto:
Home Occupation Permit-Class 2 by Kerstin Maxwell – K.I.M Design (Hair Stylist, Painter & Holistic Health Coach) on Lot 6, Block 9, Plan 0712468 (114 Tamarack Road NE) Land Use Classification R-1 – Residential District.
The above permit shall become valid after a lapse of fourteen (14) days from the date of the newspaper in which this notice appears.
Anyone who feels prejudicially affected by this permit may appeal the permit by filing notice of appeal by 4:00 PM Wednesday March 1, 2017 and paying the applicable fees. In the event of an appeal being filed, all interested parties will be notified.
Further information regarding this permit may be obtained from the Town Office at 232 Main Street, Three Hills, Alberta.
Any person wishing to appeal this decision may do so in writing to: The Secretary, Development Appeal Board, PO Box 610, Three Hills, Alberta T0M 2A0.
Town of Three Hills
The role of the Summer Staff is to provide assistance to employees in completing their assigned tasks and provide manual labour or administrative services as required in public works, parks and recreation, utility, waste, facilities or administration.
Duties may include:
• Assisting the Parks Department in various activities, such as mowing and weeding Town parks and tree maintenance.
• Assisting with Facility maintenance which may include sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, sealing, buffing, washing surfaces, vacuuming, empty trash, etc.
• Assisting the Public Works Department in various activities, such as waste collection, litter picking, line painting, road maintenance and barricades.
• Assisting the Utility Department in various activities, such as painting pipes, mowing at utility related job sites, cleaning pumphouses, etc.
• Various other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have a valid class 5 drivers license and be available to work weekends.
Interested candidates should forward their resume clearly marked “Summer Employment” to the attention of Rhonda Laking, HR Administrator by 12:00 noon on Friday, March 31, 2017.
Town of Three Hills
Three Hills, Alberta
Resumes may be hand delivered to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; Faxed to (403) 443-2616; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town thanks all who apply however, only those selected for interview will be contacted
FACILITY ATTENDANT II
The role of the Facility Attendant II is to oversee and perform custodial duties and minor maintenance to ensure parks, green areas, and facilities are maintained in a safe and sanitary manner.
The Facility Attendant shall provide management with accurate and timely information to ensure municipal operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
It is also the responsibility of the Facility Attendant II to maintain these responsibilities to ensure the health, safety, and security of the community and ensure that all decisions and actions comply with the relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
• Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate; and
• Minimum of a valid Class 5 Drivers License; and
• Ability to effectively and efficiently operate equipment including but not limited to: skid steer, lawn mowers, weed whips, snow blowers, light tractor and single axle dump truck.
• Ability to make minor repairs and undertake standard maintenance procedures on all equipment they operate.
• Ability to perform manual labour.
• May be required to ensure equipment and materials necessary to accomplish scheduled work are available.
• May be required to perform inspections of facilities to ensure security and safety.
• May be required to clean facilities by sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, sealing, buffing, washing surfaces, vacuuming, empty trash, etc.
• May be required to maintain the facility exteriors by picking litter, empty trash bins, weeding, pruning, trimming, etc.
• May be required to maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials, and supplies, in a safe and orderly manner.
• May be required to participate in seasonal programs such as snow removal and signage.
• May be required to coordinate activities with external agencies and other operational areas.
• May be directed to perform specific duties on a daily basis and/or occasionally perform small tasks or work projects
WORK HOURS: 8 hours per day. This position requires a modified work schedule to account for seasonal and/or operational requirements. Must be able to work weekends.
RATE OF PAY: As per CUPE Local 417-05 Collective Agreement.
Interested candidates should forward their resume with cover letter to the attention of Rhonda Laking, HR Administrator, by 12:00 noon on Friday, February 24th 2017.
Resumes may be hand delivered to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; Faxed to (403) 443-2616; or emailed to email@example.com.
Please reference “Facility Attendant II” on all submissions as there may be more than one active employment opportunity available.
The Town thanks all who apply however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.