Chimney fire

Chimey Fire Jan 2020

Three Hills Fire and Rescue were dispatched to a structure fire at Prairie’s Mobile Drive on Thursday, January 2, 2020, at 9:21 p.m. Upon arrival firefighters saw flames coming from a fireplace chimney. Firefighters quickly extinguished the chimney fire and used large fans to clear any interior smoke. The occupants of the home were safely outside when firefighters and EMS ambulance arrived at the scene. Although this chimney had been cleaned in the fall this is a reminder that chimney’s should be inspected and cleaned frequently.